I read an article on Self.com that focused on the top ten exercise mistakes, and it really validated my mindset about this challenge. Some of the mistakes include:
- Racing through your reps (light weight)
- Not varying your exercise routine
- Going at one speed instead of doing intervals
- Overdoing crunches (neglecting your obliques and lower abs)
- Relying on cardio alone without diet
It makes me feel good that our challenge addresses these common mistakes that people make. So, please remember to vary your workouts (equipment, weight, speeds, resistance, etc.) at the gym and vary your core workouts. I do not focus on diet in this challenge, but if your fitness goals include losing weight, you will have to make healthy diet choices to see a difference. Fad diets and weight loss “miracles” are not the answer – if there was a quick fix, everyone would be doing it. The best way to “diet” to lose weight is to eat healthy – fruits, vegetables, protein, whole grains & eliminating processed foods and junk.